Some more progress – updated list.
If you have identified issues not included in this list, please Contact VAFHO using our Contact Us form.
If you have PAID for certificates and not received them, please Contact VAFHO using our Contact Us form and include details of your order: certificate(s), date, payment info etc. Your contact and order details will be forwarded to the Registry for follow-up.
The following data and functionality have been identified as missing or an issue. Items now working correctly are shown in bold and red:
- Search for event by Registration Number and Year only works if a name is also entered – no names should be required for this search.
- More Search Options – Father’s family name and given names are both currently searched from Father’s given names field.
- <Unknown Family Name> on birth and death records is redundant and misleading.
- Data shown on Search Results screen is not shown on Records detail screen.
- Some users are experiencing difficulty doing any searches – this is possibly a browser issue – try refreshing your browser or try this link – https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/research-and-family-history
- Given name variations missing – previously you could search for John and get Jno; George and get Geo; Thomas and get Thos; Jas and get James and vice versa etc.
- PLACE OF EVENT (where it does appear) shows as PLACE, Australia – if Australia must be included it should also include Victoria. It’s obvious that it’s Victoria as you’re searching Victorian BDMs BUT adding just Australia can add to the confusion.
- BACK button (when viewing a record) takes you back to PAGE 1 regardless of which page you came from.
- Previously records viewed in Detail were shaded when you returned to results screen – helped know which ones had been viewed – NOW working correctly.
- Mother (Parent 1) doesn’t show GIVEN NAME(S) – GIVEN NAME(S) NOW SHOWING.
- BOTH marriage entries are being shown in Reverse – Spouse 1 with Spouse 2 then Spouse 2 with Spouse 1 – this doubles the number of entries you are required to search.
- PLACE OF BIRTH is missing for all entries for both spouses.
- PLACE OF MARRIAGE was progressively being added to Marriage entries, currently missing.
- Missing AGE – impossible to identify which certificate to order when there is no indication of age of deceased – now showing for all records.
- Missing PLACE OF BIRTH from earliest until part way through 1880 was show on previous search and Digger – now showing for deaths up to c.1880 and deaths from c1936 onwards. This is ALL the data that was in the previous online version. Additional data will be part of an ongoing data capture project.
- Mother (Parent 1) doesn’t show given name – GIVEN NAME(S) NOW SHOWING.
- NAME OF SPOUSE – was progressively being added to Death entries – now showing for deaths mainly in 1870s and 1880s. This is ALL the data that was in the previous online version. Additional data will be part of an ongoing data capture project.
As you can see, progress is being made – follow this blog to keep up-to-date with future progress.
Great progress. Thank you.
DEATHS – ages of those who died within weeks or months are shown just as numbers e.g., 7 weeks is just a 7.
Hi Claire. It definitely shows words such as days / weeks / months – where it doesn’t it usually means that it wasn’t recorded in the database originally. If you have examples that are different can you please use our Contact Us form to sent me the details.