It has been great receiving your encouragement and thanks for the role we’re playing with the Registry of Victorian BDMs on your behalf – but that’s what VAFHO (Victorian Association of Family History Organisations) is all about.
AIMS & PURPOSE
- To promote and encourage the study of genealogy, heraldry, family history and allied subjects throughout Victoria.
- To promote and arrange easier public access to public records and record repositories throughout Victoria.
- To promote and encourage the preservation of records for family history research.
- To represent views of family history organisations to Victorian local and and State government.
- To organise and co-ordinate the conduct of regular family history events in Victoria.
- To keep groups informed with topical information.
- To act on feedback to give a collective voice on matters of importance.
- To support National Family History Month.
Have a good look at some of the items on our web site to access free resources and learn a bit more about us:
- Check out the free and downloadable resources and links on the RESOURCE Menu
- Have a look at the benefits of Membership
- Did you know that Membership is only $20 per year for Family History and Local History Societies with less than 50 members?
- Our free resources are NOT limited to Member Societies of VAFHO but you can support VAFHO in its initiatives by becoming a member.
This is YOUR Association and we’re working hard for you!