Victorian GUM Inc. or VicGUM (GUM) established in 1984 is an association of family history researchers using computers. With a national membership exceeding 800, GUM is Australia’s leading association helping genealogist’s better use their computers, associated equipment and genealogy programs as part of their family history interest.
GUM is not a family history association, (although many GUM members belong to one or more family history groups). Rather it provides help and full technical support to members on how to confidently use their computers and software.
GUM communicates with its members in many different ways including monthly meetings, workshops, user groups, one-on-one training, monthly newsletter, Facebook and “GUMNET”, GUM’s own on-line help and chat site.
GUM also provides an exclusive members’ only section in its website for member’s only downloads. A full list of membership benefits is shown under Membership Benefits on the home page.
If you are into computer genealogy then GUM can help you.
GUM members receive:
- Advice and assistance on how to use their genealogy and related programs. Provided by email or phone
- Ten percent (10%) discount from Recommended Retail Price (RRP) off genealogy software purchased online from GUM
- Access to “GUMNET”, GUM’s exclusive to members help and chat site
- Free admission to GUM regular monthly events
- Access to GUMview—videos of the regular monthly events (Click here to see a typical video)
- Concessional admission to GUM workshops and special events
- Twelve newsletters emailed (or mailed) each year (Click here to download a typical newsletter)
- Access to User Groups for the major genealogical programs
- Access to GUM’s members’ only section of the GUM website containing exclusive download material for GUM members including past newsletters
- Access to various GUM genealogy user groups
- Participation with and networking with a friendly bunch of helpful computer genealogy users.
VicGum are the Australian distributers for Family Tree Maker and agents for Reunion
Come and visit us at the VAFHO Family History Expo – there will be two VicGUM members able to assist you.
Address: Level 4, 460 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000. (Enter via 83-98 William Street)
Phone: (03) 9078 4738
Postal Address: Victorian GUM Inc., PO Box 397, Collins Street West, Victoria 8007 Australia
Submitted by David Stephen for Victorian GUM: exhibitor at the VAFHO Family History Expo, Sale, 21 April 2018.